- Content. The Website have been created by CerV, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt private foundation and Texas non-profit corporation. The Website and its contents, including, without limitation, all text and images, are owned and/or licensed by CerV. Reproduction, distribution, republication or retransmission of any Website material is prohibited unless the prior written permission of CerV has been obtained. Linking to the Website is permitted for charitable and/or non-commercial purposes; however, CerV reserves the right to prohibit linking to the Website for any reason in its sole discretion.
- No Warranty. The content on the Website has been prepared by CerV for general informational purposes only. While reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the information in the Website is accurate, the information is not guaranteed to be correct, complete or up-to-date. ALL WEBSITE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS-IS WHERE-IS" BASIS. No warranty is made as to the accuracy of the content on the Website. CerV reserves the right to change Website content as needed, with retroactive effect as designated, to correct any errors or other information that may have been posted.
- Collection of Personally Identifiable Information. CerV may collect personally identifiable information via the Website from Users who voluntarily provide such information. Personally identifiable information will not be collected by any method that does not involve an affirmative action on the part of the User to submit such information to CerV. Examples of situations in which the Website may collect personally identifiable information include, but are not limited to: email addresses of Users who send email to CerV; Users acknowledge and agree that CerV may use such information in any manner reasonably related to its charitable purpose. Such charitable purpose may include disclosure of personally identifiable information to CerV’s employees and third party contractors working on behalf of CerV in support of CerV’s administrative functions.
- No Selling of Information. CerV will not sell any non-personalized user data or personally identifiable information to any other party.
- Security of Communications/Information. While CerV makes reasonable efforts to secure communications over the Website, which may vary depending on the content of the information transmitted, CerV does not provide secure transactions at all times. For example, mentor application information submitted by the User is transmitted through SSL encrypted communication methods, while other transmissions like general User email questions are not. CerV also makes reasonable efforts to maintain security measures and tools to protect against the loss or theft of information collected through the Website. However, no security measures can ensure complete privacy and confidentiality of information, and CerV cannot guarantee, and makes no warranty regarding, the security of any information transmitted or collected.
- Compliance with Law. CerV will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities and comply with any court orders requesting CerV to disclose personally identifiable or other information requested by such authorities.
- User Actions and User-Provided Information. Users agree that any information provided to CerV shall be accurate and complete. Users agree not to provide information to CerV that relates to any individuals (other than themselves) or entities without the permission of the individual or entity referenced. Users agree not to use the Website in any manner that may be infringing, for a commercial/advertising purpose, threatening, false, misleading, libelous, defamatory, obscene, or give rise to any criminal or civil liability. Users agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations relating to User’s use of the Website.
- User Feedback. CerV welcomes feedback about the Website from Users. Users acknowledge and agree that any feedback, or any other information, provided shall become the sole property of CerV, and CerV may use such feedback or information in any manner in its sole discretion.
- Unsubscribing. Users may receive CerV announcements via email or other methods based on prior interactions Users may have had with the Website. To unsubscribe to such announcements, Users should follow the "unsubscribe" instructions provided in the email sent, or contact email@example.com.
- User Assumption of Risk; Release and Indemnification. Users assume all risks related to use of the Website. Each User agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold CerV (including its affiliates, officers, directors, members, employees, agents and representatives) harmless from and against any losses, damages, liabilities or costs of any nature related in any manner to the use of the Website by such User. CerV shall not be liable to Users or any other parties for any claims for damages, whether direct, indirect, special, consequential, incidental or punitive, based on any cause of action whatsoever relating to use of the Website by any person or entity.
STAAR® is a registered trademark and service mark owned by the Texas Education Agency.